Ordering Fine Art Prints in South Africa
How to order
My art prints are now available for sale within SA. South Africans can use my gallery at Fine Art America to browse all of my art that’s available for print. But don’t order through Fine Art America! They print and ship from the USA, so you’ll end up with very high shipping costs. Instead I’ve made a plan for your prints to be produced in SA, and BONUS… I can offer you a great price for your locally-produced art prints too!
To place your order, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- The artwork title or URL.
- Whether you like it as a card print, rolled canvas print, or stretched canvas print.
- What print size you’d like. Prints on paper will have a narrow white border to allow for framing. The size listed is the overall paper size, including the border.
- Let me know whether you can collect your print/s or require them to be couriered.
- I’ll need your full name, address, and phone number for the invoice.
Art card, rolled canvas, or stretched canvas?
- The archival art card I use is 310gsm, matt, and has a beautiful subtle textured surface. Your print will have a thin white border around it to facilitate framing, so your image will be a little smaller than the overall paper size.
- Consider framing. Prints on archival art card will need to be framed behind glass. Prints on canvas look great finished with a floating frame, but they don’t strictly have to be framed. Here’s my 3 favourite ways to frame art.
- Stretched canvas prints will have edges/ sides that are 4.4cm deep and printed charcoal grey.
- For bigger canvas prints that will need to be couriered, it can be more cost-effective to opt for a rolled canvas instead of a stretched canvas. You’ll need to get your local framer to stretch the canvas onto a frame, but your courier costs will be lower.
Deciding your print size
- Measure the space where you want to hang your art. If you’ll be framing your art, remember to factor in the size of the frame.
- I can do any size, so long as it’s a height/width ratio that matches the original artwork. Contact me at email@example.com for a custom quote if you’d like a size that’s not listed below.
If you’re able to collect your prints in Meadowridge, Cape Town, then you’re welcome to do that at no cost. Otherwise we can courier your prints to you (3-4 business days), and for the sizes listed, the costs for delivery to main centres within SA are:
- All prints on art card and rolled canvases – R100
- Small prints on stretched canvas – R150
For medium-sized stretched canvas and rolled or card prints that are bigger than the sizes listed below, I’ll provide you with a custom courier quote.
Since these prints are produced in SA and I’m in the Netherlands, I’m not able to sign these prints. If you’d prefer a signed print, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I’ll send you a quote for your prints to be produced in the Netherlands where I can sign them, and shipped to you from here.